Long up/down arrow?
Sensei
2006-01-07 11:26:59 UTC
Hi!

I've searched in the comprehensive latex symbol list without luck,
could be also that I've just missed what I'm going to ask :)

I'm looking for a vertical counterpart for \longrightarrow. It seems
that there's no up/down longrightarrow... is it right? How can I
produce a longup/longdownarrow?
--
Sensei <***@mac.com>

Part of the inhumanity of the computer is that, once it is competently
programmed and working smoothly, it is completely honest. (Isaac Asimov)
Norbert Stuhrmann
2006-01-07 11:47:17 UTC
Post by Sensei
I'm looking for a vertical counterpart for \longrightarrow. It seems
that there's no up/down longrightarrow... is it right? How can I produce
a longup/longdownarrow?
You could use the rotatebox command from the graphicx package.

HTH,

Norbert
Sensei
2006-01-07 15:43:48 UTC
Post by Norbert Stuhrmann
Post by Sensei
I'm looking for a vertical counterpart for \longrightarrow. It seems
that there's no up/down longrightarrow... is it right? How can I produce
a longup/longdownarrow?
You could use the rotatebox command from the graphicx package.
So there exists no symbol equivalent to a long vertical arrow... too bad...

Gabriel Guernik
2006-01-08 20:52:48 UTC
What do you want that for? Perhaps there's another way to achieve
that...

Gabriel
Sensei
2006-01-09 20:59:30 UTC
Post by Gabriel Guernik
What do you want that for? Perhaps there's another way to achieve
that...
Well, I think \mho can be obtained with a rotation (or the par symbol
with an ampersand), but there's a symbol for that. That's just a
surprise to me.

Fabian Kurz
2006-01-07 16:50:54 UTC
Post by Sensei
I'm looking for a vertical counterpart for \longrightarrow. It seems
that there's no up/down longrightarrow... is it right? How can I
produce a longup/longdownarrow?
Maybe \Big\uparrow (or any variation, \bigg, \Big, \Bigg...) is
what you are looking for?

HTH,
Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Dresden, Germany * http://fkurz.net/
Sensei
2006-01-09 21:01:39 UTC
Post by Fabian Kurz
Post by Sensei
I'm looking for a vertical counterpart for \longrightarrow. It seems
that there's no up/down longrightarrow... is it right? How can I
produce a longup/longdownarrow?
Maybe \Big\uparrow (or any variation, \bigg, \Big, \Bigg...) is
what you are looking for?
No, the arrows are different, not like longrightarrow. Probably just a
rotation works...