Removing blank pages in Latex?
Kylie
2004-06-21 20:58:29 UTC
I am using a thesis template provided by my school, which "piggybacks"
off of the book class, and I am finding that it creates a blank page
between the appendices and bibliography. Neither of the oneside and
openany options make any difference and there are no tables in the
appendices which might cause the problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Kylie
Lars Madsen
2004-06-21 21:09:25 UTC
Post by Kylie
I am using a thesis template provided by my school, which "piggybacks"
off of the book class, and I am finding that it creates a blank page
between the appendices and bibliography. Neither of the oneside and
openany options make any difference and there are no tables in the
appendices which might cause the problem. Does anyone have any ideas?
Kylie
you might have to look inside the documentclass.

Does is disable the oneside or openany options or are they not passed on
to the book class.
--
/daleif (remove RTFSIGNATURE from email address)

LaTeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
AMSMATH Intro: http://www.ams.org/tex/short-math-guide.html
LaTeX Intro: http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/lshort/lshort.pdf
Graphics Intro: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/epslatex.pdf
Superb Class:
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/memoir.html
Remember to post minimal working examples.
Kylie
2004-06-27 18:11:29 UTC
The .cls file has the line

\LoadClass[openany,oneside]{book}

Other than that, I can't see any other reference to openany or
oneside, or anything that might disable them.
Lars Madsen
2004-06-27 19:45:46 UTC
Post by Kylie
The .cls file has the line
\LoadClass[openany,oneside]{book}
Other than that, I can't see any other reference to openany or
oneside, or anything that might disable them.
hmm, that's odd, then it shouldn't make those blank pages.

Does it use \cleardouble page anywhere (long shot \cleardoublepage and
\clearpage should be the same in oneside)

Could you prepare a small example which shows the problem and post it here
or by personal mail if you prefer that solution (in the later case please
include the documentclass as well)