Information about LuaTeX versus pdfTeX
GL
2020-06-03 16:49:56 UTC
Hello,

Where can I find useful information about LuaTeX, in order to get the
correct way on how to use for example:

\pdfelapsedtime (pdfTeX primitive... is there an equivalent on LuaTeX?)

\pdfsavepos (same remark)

Thanks in advance,

Regards.
Scott Pakin
2020-06-03 19:55:16 UTC
Post by GL
Where can I find useful information about LuaTeX, in order to get the
\pdfelapsedtime  (pdfTeX primitive... is there an equivalent on LuaTeX?)
\pdfsavepos (same remark)
The LuaTeX reference manual can be found here:

http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/luatex.pdf

Read in particular about \pdfvariable, \pdffeedback, and \pdfextension.
In general, a pdfTeX primitive \pdfBLAH is expressed in LuaTeX as
{\pdfextension BLAH}.

Alas, your specific questions represent special cases. I believe
\pdfelapsedtime does not have a direct LuaTeX analogue, but you can
implement it with Lua code; and \savepos does the job of \pdfsavepos.

The luatex85 package implements a number of pdfTeX primitives in terms
of their LuaTeX equivalents, which you may find convenient.

-- Scott
GL
2020-06-03 21:22:54 UTC
Post by GL
Where can I find useful information about LuaTeX, in order to get the
\pdfelapsedtime  (pdfTeX primitive... is there an equivalent on LuaTeX?)
\pdfsavepos (same remark)
    http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/luatex.pdf
Read in particular about \pdfvariable, \pdffeedback, and \pdfextension.
In general, a pdfTeX primitive \pdfBLAH is expressed in LuaTeX as
{\pdfextension BLAH}.
Alas, your specific questions represent special cases.  I believe
\pdfelapsedtime does not have a direct LuaTeX analogue, but you can
implement it with Lua code; and \savepos does the job of \pdfsavepos.
The luatex85 package implements a number of pdfTeX primitives in terms
of their LuaTeX equivalents, which you may find convenient.
-- Scott
Thank you.

I found \savepos and \lastxpos/\lastypos in replacement of pdfTeX
\pdfsavepos etc.

The pdftexcmds package (by H.O.) provides \***@elapsedtime which is
implemented in Lua for LuaTeX... So i will get on with this !

Thanks,

Best regards.