Non-error ?
au76666
2018-07-10 09:10:26 UTC
Here is a mini example:

\documentclass[12pt,fleqn]{article}
\usepackage{amsmath}

\begin{document}
\begin{equation}\label{surfbound}
\begin{split}
Z'_M &= \frac{1}{H_A}
\left{ \frac{O - 2\delta t N \pi r_0^2 D_Z}{Vh}
(Z'_{M-2} - 4Z'_{M-1} + 3Z'_M)
\right} \\
0 &= C'_{M-2} - 4 C'_{M-1} + 3C'_M \;.
\end{split}
\end{equation}
\end{document}

When compiling I get an error:

! Missing delimiter (. inserted).
<to be read again>
{
l.12 \end{split}

I can't see an error or a missing dot, and when I persevere and keep
hitting RETURN, it eventually does compile and produce what I want.

What is the reason for the error message?
Dieter Britz
Denis Bitouzé
2018-07-10 09:17:04 UTC
Post by au76666
\documentclass[12pt,fleqn]{article}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\begin{document}
\begin{equation}\label{surfbound}
\begin{split}
Z'_M &= \frac{1}{H_A}
\left{ \frac{O - 2\delta t N \pi r_0^2 D_Z}{Vh}
(Z'_{M-2} - 4Z'_{M-1} + 3Z'_M)
\right} \\
0 &= C'_{M-2} - 4 C'_{M-1} + 3C'_M \;.
\end{split}
\end{equation}
\end{document}
! Missing delimiter (. inserted).
<to be read again>
{
l.12 \end{split}
I can't see an error or a missing dot, and when I persevere and keep
hitting RETURN, it eventually does compile and produce what I want.
What is the reason for the error message?
I guess there are missing backslashes:

\left{ → \left\{

\right} → \right\}
Denis
[...]