Are there any fixed-width, sans-serif fonts?
a***@gmail.com
2016-01-12 17:06:20 UTC
monaco
bkleine
2016-01-13 06:31:49 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
monaco
http://www.lowing.org/fonts/
a***@gmail.com
2019-05-02 15:55:49 UTC
There are Serifs in Monaco, on the lower case L's and I's and the upper case "I" so strictly speaking, it is not a sans-serif font.
Bob Tennent
2019-05-02 17:01:58 UTC
FiraMono
DejaVuSansMono
IBMPlexMono
RobotoMono
NotoMono

Bob T.
a***@gmail.com
2019-05-02 17:40:52 UTC
Are there any fixed width sans serif in Microsoft Word's automatic options (I'm on Mac Offfice 2008, but some of the fonts should be similar across versions)?

That would be most useful, as I often share simple sheet music documents with other musicians in my group on different platforms.

Fixed width fonts help make sure chords stay in the right locations above the words below them, but Courier isn't the cleanest reading font.

Most musicians seem to prefer sans-serif fonts but that affects the uniformity of the documents sent across platforms and with font size change changes. PDFs though are often harder to edit depending on how they're produced.

Thanks!
a***@gmail.com
2019-05-02 17:44:35 UTC
And are there any sans serif fixed width fonts in Apple's Pages that convert to a sans serif fixed width fonts when exported as a Microsoft Word document. My band leader is on a Mac and sometimes forgets and sends us Pages documents as well.

Welcome to the modern world!
r***@gmail.com
2020-07-17 21:24:53 UTC
Are there any proportional fonts that have monospaced capital letters?

(Most popular proportional fonts used monospaced digits. So it doesn't
seem like much of a stretch to also want the capital letters to be
monospaced.)

Alternately, is there an easy way to create a new font starting from
Calibri (Body) and replacing each capital letter with the corresponding
capital letter in Consolas?

HELP!
Peter Flynn
2020-07-17 22:22:04 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Are there any proportional fonts that have monospaced capital letters?
Not that I am aware of.
Post by r***@gmail.com
(Most popular proportional fonts used monospaced digits. So it
doesn't seem like much of a stretch to also want the capital letters
to be monospaced.)
I'm afraid it seems like rather a long stretch to me. Digits can be
uniform width so they align in tables, but I can't see a use for
monospaced capitals.
Post by r***@gmail.com
Alternately, is there an easy way to create a new font starting from
Calibri (Body) and replacing each capital letter with the
corresponding capital letter in Consolas?
Open both TTF/OTF files in fontforge and copy and paste. But I wouldn't
expect the results to be either readable or usable. You could probably
also do the same with a mapping file, thereby avoiding doing actual
bodily violence to the font files.

Can you perhaps explain what use they would be?

You could also try doing the same with any typeface which comes with a
matching monospace and roman. But you'd need to do surgery on the italic
and bold and bold-italic as well, and maybe small-caps too.

Peter