Beamer and apnum conflict
o***@gmail.com
2020-04-10 14:28:57 UTC
Hi there! Another question: I wanted to create a beamer presentation, in which I could use the apnum package to "play" with calculations inside the document. Even without using apnum commands to do anything I get the error

Runaway argument?
\***@anotherslidefalse \def \***@doifnotinframe {}\def \***@doifinfram
e \ETC.
! Paragraph ended before \loop was complete.
<to be read again>
\par
l.66 \end{frame}

If I comment my line saying \input{apnum} I get no error message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
samcarter8
2020-04-10 16:03:27 UTC
Could you make a minimal working example that reproduces your problem?

If I try

\documentclass{beamer}

\input{apnum}

\begin{document}

\begin{frame}
abc
\end{frame}

\end{document}

it seems to work without error
Thanks in advance!
Ulrike Fischer
2020-04-10 18:07:33 UTC
Post by samcarter8
Could you make a minimal working example that reproduces your problem?
\documentclass{beamer}

\input{apnum}

\begin{document}

\begin{frame}
abc

\pause
blub
\end{frame}

Ulrike Fischer
https://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/
o***@gmail.com
Thanks in advance!
o***@gmail.com
2020-04-10 18:13:05 UTC
This is frustrating... I can not make a short example to reproduce the error, but when I get it there is a cryptic message in the *.log saying

! LaTeX Error: \begin{document} ended by \end{***@framepauses}.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance!
Ulrike Fischer
2020-04-10 18:14:34 UTC
Am Fri, 10 Apr 2020 07:28:57 -0700 (PDT) schrieb
Post by o***@gmail.com
Hi there! Another question: I wanted to create a beamer
presentation, in which I could use the apnum package to "play"
with calculations inside the document. Even without using apnum
commands to do anything I get the error
Any suggestions?
Don't use apnum with latex. The author quite clearly writes in the
log that he doesn't care about latex:

WARNING: the author of apnum package recommends: Never use LaTeX.)

In your concrete case the problem is that apnum redefines the \loop
command and this breaks beamer.

Use xfp instead for calculations.
Peter Flynn
2020-04-10 20:12:36 UTC
On 10/04/2020 19:14, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
[...]
Post by Ulrike Fischer
In your concrete case the problem is that apnum redefines the \loop
command and this breaks beamer.
This must be the strangest case of perversity I have seen for many years.

Peter

o***@gmail.com