comp.programming.literate dead?
Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
2017-11-09 09:07:30 UTC
Hi,

is comp.programming.literate dead? My posts seem to vanish into a dark
hole.

If so, where has that discussion moved?

Sincerely

Engelbert
--
DIN EN ISO 9241-13: 9.5.3 Error messages should convey what is wrong,
what corrective actions can be taken, and the cause of the error.
Manuel Collado
2017-11-09 11:38:58 UTC
Post by Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
Hi,
is comp.programming.literate dead? My posts seem to vanish into a dark
hole.
Almost dead. But still accessible.

Using both the news.aioe.org server and the groups.google.com web
interface I can read the last messages, dated back to may 2016.
Post by Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
If so, where has that discussion moved?
No idea.
Post by Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
Sincerely
Engelbert
Regards.
Manuel Collado - http://lml.ls.fi.upm.es/~mcollado
Peter Flynn
2017-11-09 20:09:52 UTC
Post by Manuel Collado
Post by Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
Hi,
is comp.programming.literate dead? My posts seem to vanish into a dark
hole.
Almost dead. But still accessible.
Using both the news.aioe.org server and the groups.google.com web
interface I can read the last messages, dated back to may 2016.
I just subscribed using Thunderbird and news.individual.de and I got 10
messages, the last one being from tonyharkeroxford about noweb for win64
on 2016-05-13 at 21.33
Post by Manuel Collado
Post by Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
If so, where has that discussion moved?
No idea.
Me neither. If it follows the pattern of TeX, XML, and others, it will
end up on stackexchange.

We started a new literate programming project internally in my
consultancy a few years ago, of which I presented some details at
Balisage in 2013

https://www.balisage.net/Proceedings/vol10/html/Flynn01/BalisageVol10-Flynn01.html

This uses DocBook to manage the creation of .dtx files for LaTeX classes
and packages, so that you get the benefits of XML document management,
and (importantly when doing a related series of packages) reusable code
fragments across the modules.

I must admit I didn't think of posting about it to c.p.l

///Peter
David Dalton
2017-11-11 04:28:59 UTC
Post by Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
is comp.programming.literate dead? My posts seem to vanish into a dark
hole.
Is it a moderated group? If so and if the moderator(s) have
abandoned it then your posts wouldn’t show up on the
group.
“You can run as far/As fast as you can/Stop them bullets/
Like Superman/But, it's hopeless/You're helplessly in love" (Stacey Earle)
Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
2017-11-23 10:48:00 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Post by Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
is comp.programming.literate dead? My posts seem to vanish into a dark
hole.
Is it a moderated group? If so and if the moderator(s) have
abandoned it then your posts wouldn?t show up on the
group.
Who knows. For the time being I use the listings package to document the
code, but of course getting noweb to work again on modern systems would
be preferable.