Lost work
e***@gmail.com
2018-09-21 16:05:48 UTC
i have switched off my laptop and on opening it again I found when my work I was typing in text maker had been deleted .How can I recover that work which I had saved
Axel Berger
2018-09-21 21:03:44 UTC
Post by e***@gmail.com
How can I recover that work which I had saved
So you a) have saved it and b) your directory knows nothing about the
file.

Rule one: Do NOT save anything on that drive/partition!

I presume you're talking about some text. Try to remember one or a few
consecutive words that are more or less unique to your lost file. Open
the partition in a Hex editor and search for that phrase. With luck all
the sectors belonging to the lost file are consecutive. If not look at
the beginning or end of the bit you have and try to remember exactly the
word that came before or after and repeat.

Even if your phrases are not that unique you will often get no more than
say a couple of dozen places to look at.

N.B: Look for exactly what was saved, i.e. the correct charset, UTF 16
or whatever your system uses. What was saved need not be the same as
what you typed.
--
/¯\ No | Dipl.-Ing. F. Axel Berger Tel: +49/ 221/ 7771 8067
\ / HTML | Roald-Amundsen-Straße 2a Fax: +49/ 221/ 7771 8069
/ \ Mail | -- No unannounced, large, binary attachments, please! --
Dr Eberhard Lisse
2018-09-24 11:27:42 UTC
Restore from backup?

el