CTAN update: hyperxmp
CTAN Announcements
2020-06-21 09:35:18 UTC
Scott Pakin submitted an update to the

hyperxmp

package.

Version number: 5.4 2020-06-19
License type: lppl1.3c

Summary description: Embed XMP metadata within a LaTeX document

Announcement text:

XMP (eXtensible Metadata Platform) is a mechanism proposed by Adobe for
embedding document metadata within the document itself. The metadata are
designed to be easy to extract, even by programs that are oblivious to the
document's file format. Most of Adobe's applications store XMP metadata
when saving files. Now, with the hyperxmp package, it is trivial for
LaTeX document authors to store XMP metadata in their documents as well.

hyperxmp integrates seamlessly with hyperref and requires virtually no
modifications to documents that already exploit hyperref's mechanisms for
specifying PDF metadata. hyperxmp can embed a wide variety of metadata as
XMP, including the list of authors, document title, contact information
(telephone number, postal address, email address, etc.), copyright
statement, keywords, natural language, and much more. hyperxmp is
compatible with pdflatex, latex+dvips+ps2pdf, latex+dvipdfm, xelatex, and
lualatex.

Version 5.4 of hyperxmp is primarily a bug-fix release. However, it also
adds support for the babel package. Languages loaded with babel will
automatically be named in the XMP metadata. Thanks to Javier Bezos for
his guidance on interfacing with babel.

This package is located at
http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/hyperxmp

More information is at
https://www.ctan.org/pkg/hyperxmp

Thanks for the upload.

For the CTAN Team
Erik Braun

CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups.
Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs
Peter Flynn
2020-06-23 09:57:20 UTC
Post by CTAN Announcements
Scott Pakin submitted an update to the
hyperxmp
package.
Version number: 5.4 2020-06-19
Just testing this with XeTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-0.99998 (TeX Live
2017/Debian) and the default LaTeX2e <2017-04-15> under Mint 19.2
Post by CTAN Announcements
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{hyperxmp}
\usepackage[unicode]{hyperref}
\begin{document}
Test
\end{document}
and I get the error
Post by CTAN Announcements
! Missing = inserted for \ifnum.
<to be read again>
\relax
l.6 \end{document}
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
\relax
l.6 \end{document}
[1] (./test.aux) )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Output written on test.pdf (1 page).
The same happens when I add a \pdfsetup with some metadata.
I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see what.

Peter
Scott Pakin
2020-06-23 19:10:36 UTC
Peter,
Post by CTAN Announcements
! Missing = inserted for \ifnum.
<to be read again>                    \relax l.6 \end{document}
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>                    \relax l.6 \end{document}
[1] (./test.aux) )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Output written on test.pdf (1 page).
The same happens when I add a \pdfsetup with some metadata.
I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see what.
My guess is that something must have changed since TeX Live 2017. I
can't reproduce the problem with my regular TeX Live 2020 distribution
or with the TeX Live 2019 packages that come with Ubuntu 20.04.

Is anyone else reading this observing the same error as Peter? If so,
with which version of XeLaTeX?

-- Scott
Peter Flynn
2020-06-23 19:34:02 UTC
On 23/06/2020 20:10, Scott Pakin wrote:
[...]
My guess is that something must have changed since TeX Live 2017.  I
can't reproduce the problem with my regular TeX Live 2020 distribution
or with the TeX Live 2019 packages that come with Ubuntu 20.04.
Is anyone else reading this observing the same error as Peter?  If so,
with which version of XeLaTeX?
OK, time for an upgrade, thanks.

Peter