"Undefined control sequence" - \rowcolors with xcolor
Add Reply
jel
2006-11-28 13:16:05 UTC
I've checked the archives and Googled for this to no avail.

I get an "undefined control sequence" error when using the \rowcolors
command from xcolor. The example below is from the xcolor
documentation. I'm using MiKTeX 2.5 and version 2.09 of xcolor.

What's my problem?

Thanks

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{xcolor}

\begin{document}
\rowcolors[\hline]{3}{green!25}{yellow!50}
\arrayrulecolor{red!75!gray}
\begin{tabular}{ll}
test & row \number\rownum\\
test & row \number\rownum\\
test & row \number\rownum\\
test & row \number\rownum\\
\arrayrulecolor{black}
test & row \number\rownum\\
test & row \number\rownum\\
\rowcolor{blue!25}
test & row \number\rownum\\
test & row \number\rownum\\
\hiderowcolors
test & row \number\rownum\\
test & row \number\rownum\\
\showrowcolors
test & row \number\rownum\\
test & row \number\rownum\\
\multicolumn{1}{>{\columncolor{red!12}}l}{test} & row \number\rownum\\
\end{tabular}
\end{document}
Herbert Voss
2006-11-28 13:52:32 UTC
Post by jel
I've checked the archives and Googled for this to no avail.
I get an "undefined control sequence" error when using the \rowcolors
command from xcolor. The example below is from the xcolor
documentation. I'm using MiKTeX 2.5 and version 2.09 of xcolor.
What's my problem?
Thanks
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xcolor}
\usepackage[table]{xcolor}
Herbert
jel
2006-11-28 14:40:18 UTC
Post by Herbert Voss
Post by jel
I've checked the archives and Googled for this to no avail.
I get an "undefined control sequence" error when using the \rowcolors
command from xcolor. The example below is from the xcolor
documentation. I'm using MiKTeX 2.5 and version 2.09 of xcolor.
What's my problem?
Thanks
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xcolor}
\usepackage[table]{xcolor}
Herbert
Thanks. My original "problem" cropped up when I was trying to compile
beamerexample1.tex, which produced the same "undefined control
sequence" error. Does this mean something changed in xcolor along the
way, or did beamer never have it right?
Uwe Kern
2006-12-01 21:11:23 UTC
Post by jel
Post by Herbert Voss
Post by jel
I've checked the archives and Googled for this to no avail.
I get an "undefined control sequence" error when using the \rowcolors
command from xcolor. The example below is from the xcolor
documentation. I'm using MiKTeX 2.5 and version 2.09 of xcolor.
What's my problem?
Thanks
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xcolor}
\usepackage[table]{xcolor}
Herbert
Thanks. My original "problem" cropped up when I was trying to compile
beamerexample1.tex, which produced the same "undefined control
sequence" error. Does this mean something changed in xcolor along the
way, or did beamer never have it right?
Version 2.02 (2005/03/24) of xcolor introduced the `table' option to be
required for using \rowcolors, which is based on (and useless without)
the colortbl package.
Maybe beamer relies on the behavior of older xcolor versions.

Uwe
F***@gmail.com
\end{document}
Jean-Côme Charpentier
2006-12-13 12:55:42 UTC
Post by F***@gmail.com
change \usepackage{xcolor} to \usepackage{colortbl}
Much better (imho): change \usepackage{xcolor} to
\usepackage[table]{xcolor}. You will have colortbl *and* xcolor.

Jean-Côme Charpentier
n***@gmail.com
2007-01-24 04:30:00 UTC
I've got the same error when compiling beamerexample1.tex. :( It took
me almost 1 night to come to a workaround solution:

Change
\documentclass{beamer}
\documentclass[table]{beamer}

-
Nam

On Dec 13 2006, 7:55 am, Jean-Côme Charpentier
Post by Jean-Côme Charpentier
change \usepackage{xcolor} to \usepackage{colortbl} Much better (imho): change \usepackage{xcolor} to
\usepackage[table]{xcolor}. You will have colortbl *and* xcolor.
Jean-Côme Charpentier
g***@gmail.com