PDF Output Problems
Jack
2018-09-15 19:28:59 UTC
I have had a series of computer issues the upshot of which is that I
have now got a fresh installation of Win 10 on my desktop and am trying
to get TeXnicCenter running smoothly on it with Miktex.

I have run configuration Wizards and am now at the point where the
document runs through the build process and produces no errors; the
document is visible in the Yap but while the PDF app (Acrobat) is
launched by the build, no PDF is made; neither is a log file.

Can anyone help?

With thanks in advance.
jon
2018-09-16 15:13:48 UTC
Post by Jack
I have had a series of computer issues the upshot of which is that I
have now got a fresh installation of Win 10 on my desktop and am trying
to get TeXnicCenter running smoothly on it with Miktex.
I have run configuration Wizards and am now at the point where the
document runs through the build process and produces no errors; the
document is visible in the Yap but while the PDF app (Acrobat) is
launched by the build, no PDF is made; neither is a log file.
i don't know windows or miktex very well, but isn't yap a dvi viewer?
if so, sounds like miktex may be configured to produce a .dvi file and
not a .pdf.

the absence of a .log file sounds strange, especially if you do end up
with a .dvi. i'd look into this issue first: maybe the .log is being
placed in an unexpected location.

cheers,
jon.
Dr Engelbert Buxbaum
2018-09-24 11:52:18 UTC
In article <04dnD.383777$***@fx23.am4>, ***@virginmedia.com
says...
Post by Jack
document is visible in the Yap but while the PDF app (Acrobat) is
launched by the build, no PDF is made; neither is a log file.
Are you using pdfTeX or pdfLaTeX as compilers?
--
DIN EN ISO 9241-13: 9.5.3 Error messages should convey what is wrong,
what corrective actions can be taken, and the cause of the error.