Links in TeXlive Manual
Elof Huang
2017-09-17 04:23:02 UTC
I installed Texlive on my linux, when I am reading the manual under
command line, I cannot visit the sites provided in the manual, are they
unaccessible?
jon
2017-09-17 05:12:06 UTC
Post by Elof Huang
I installed Texlive on my linux, when I am reading the manual under
command line, I cannot visit the sites provided in the manual, are they
unaccessible?
could you explain more clearly what 'manual' you are reading 'under' the command line? what command are you using to read the manual? and what version of tex live do you have installed?

cheers,
jon.
Elof Huang
2017-09-17 07:46:45 UTC
Post by jon
Post by Elof Huang
I installed Texlive on my linux, when I am reading the manual under
command line, I cannot visit the sites provided in the manual, are they
unaccessible?
could you explain more clearly what 'manual' you are reading 'under' the command line? what command are you using to read the manual? and what version of tex live do you have installed?
cheers,
jon.
TeX Live 2016/Debian

command "man tex"

ftp://ftp.cs.umb.edu/pub/tex/eplain/doc is not found

man "latex"
http://home.gna.org/latexrefman is not found
jon
2017-09-23 02:22:45 UTC
Post by Elof Huang
Post by jon
Post by Elof Huang
I installed Texlive on my linux, when I am reading the manual under
command line, I cannot visit the sites provided in the manual, are they
unaccessible?
could you explain more clearly what 'manual' you are reading 'under' the command line? what command are you using to read the manual? and what version of tex live do you have installed?
cheers,
jon.
TeX Live 2016/Debian
command "man tex"
ftp://ftp.cs.umb.edu/pub/tex/eplain/doc is not found
man "latex"
http://home.gna.org/latexrefman is not found
you might have better luck using the texdoc command. try:

texdoc eplain
texdoc lshort
texdoc latex2e

though i forget if the debian/apt version of texlive gives you access to
the texdoc commands.

if not, the manuauls are on CTAN (https://www.ctan.org/?lang=en) and
http://texdoc.net

cheers,