beamer: shadow in Madrid theme is abnormal.
Jinsong Zhao
2017-09-01 06:52:33 UTC
Hi there,

It's a beamer package specific question. The minimal example is below.
You may notice that the shadow color is same with the box of title. Is
it ugly? And it seems that the shadow was right in the previous version
of beamer (the last time I used beamer was nearly a half year ago.).

Any suggestions?

Best,
Jinsong

\documentclass{beamer}
\usetheme{Madrid}

\title{A test}

\begin{document}
\begin{frame}[plain]
\maketitle
\end{frame}

\end{document}
rafapa
2017-09-03 08:21:38 UTC
Post by Jinsong Zhao
Hi there,
It's a beamer package specific question. The minimal example is below.
You may notice that the shadow color is same with the box of title. Is
it ugly? And it seems that the shadow was right in the previous version
of beamer (the last time I used beamer was nearly a half year ago.).
Any suggestions?
Best,
Jinsong
\documentclass{beamer}
\usetheme{Madrid}
\title{A test}
\begin{document}
\begin{frame}[plain]
\maketitle
\end{frame}
\end{document}
I used
Document Class: beamer 2017/08/22 v3.43 A class for typesetting presentations
and the shadow is darker than the title box.
Jinsong Zhao
2017-09-04 05:37:02 UTC
Post by Jinsong Zhao
Post by Jinsong Zhao
[...]
Yes, this is a bug in beamerbasecolor.sty. It's fixed yesterday. You can
get the correct one from https://github.com/josephwright/beamer

Best,
Jinsong