looking for makebst expert
Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)
2020-04-04 19:36:04 UTC
Yesterday, I spent about 5 minutes with makebst and got the .bst file
99% correct. Today, it is 99.9% correct, after another 5 minutes. This
even though the reference style is rather unorthodox.

However, there is one thing I haven't got right and I am wondering if it
is possible to get right. Articles should be e.g.

A. R. Smith, \text{Important Journal}, \textbf{4}, 2, 1973.

While proceedings contributions should be e.g.

A. R. Smith, in J. Jackson (ed.), \textit{Quick Proceedings}
(Random House, New York), 1973, p. 59.

while instead I get e.g.

A. R. Smith, in J. Jackson (ed.), \textit{Quick Proceedings}
59--80 (Random House, New York), 1973.

In other words, in contrast to an article, for a proceedings
contribution I want the pages at the end and preceded by "p.". (It is
easy to get "p.", but then it would appear in articles as well.)
Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)
2020-04-04 19:51:53 UTC
Yesterday, I spent about 5 minutes with makebst and got the .bst file
99% correct. Today, it is 99.9% correct, after another 5 minutes. This
even though the reference style is rather unorthodox.
I IS an old version of makebst:

[1997/04/29 3.1 (PWD)]

and of merlin:

[1997/11/18 3.84 (PWD)]

I'm happy to try something newer if it will solve my problem (or if
there is any other reason for doing so).

One other question: How can I get round rather than square braces in the
reference list (I'm using superscripted citation numbers).