New on CTAN: xindex
Add Reply
CTAN Announcements
2018-12-03 14:56:45 UTC
Herbert Voß submitted the

xindex

package.

Version: 0.05 2018-12-01
License: lppl1.3

Summary description: Unicode compatible index generation

Announcement text:

xindex is a unicode compatible index programm for LaTeX.
It needs Lua 5.3 which will be included in at least LuaTeX 1.09

* xindex.lua -- main file
* xindex-cfg.lua -- config module
* xindex-cfg-common.lua -- main config module
* xindex-base.lua -- base file
* xindex-lib.lua -- functions module
* xindex-lapp.lua -- read parameter
* unicode-category.lua -- list of Unicode categories

The syntax of `index`

index [options] <inputfile>[.idx]

possible options are (short,long):

-q,--quiet
-h,--help
-v
-c,--config (default cfg)
-e,--escapechar (default ")
-n,--noheadings
-o,--output (default "")
-l,--language (default en)
<input> (string)

The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at
https://ctan.org/pkg/xindex

The package’s files themselves can be inspected at
http://mirror.ctan.org/indexing/xindex/

Thanks for the upload.

For the CTAN Team
Petra Rübe-Pugliese

We are supported by the TeX users groups.
Please join a users group; see https://www.tug.org/usergroups.html .
Simon Spiegel
2018-12-04 08:17:28 UTC
Post by CTAN Announcements
[...]
This sounds really interesting. I understand that this is a first
release, but are there any plans to include more xindy-like features
like complex sorting rules. I guess that Lua should potentially allow
the user to do almost everything, but will there be some out of the box
functionality?

Simon