Compiler mode change
p***@gmail.com
2020-07-18 06:34:14 UTC
Hi Experts,

Currently I am using from the location of tex file.

C:\temp>> latex.exe test.tex

Now I am try to compile the same file from different location with the options

C:\otherpath>> latex.exe --output-directory=C:\temp \input{C:\temp\test.tex}

and I noted there is babel lines are missing in the log file.

Could you please advise is there any difference between these two option. Can anyone suggest the right option.

Regards
Sudham
Peter Flynn
2020-07-19 19:40:24 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
Hi Experts,
Currently I am using from the location of tex file.
C:\temp>> latex.exe test.tex
Now I am try to compile the same file from different location with the options
C:\otherpath>> latex.exe --output-directory=C:\temp \input{C:\temp\test.tex}
Does Windows support the inferior shell?

C:\temp> (cd c:\otherpath; latex test)

?

Peter
Nicola Talbot
2020-07-21 13:47:06 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
Currently I am using from the location of tex file.
C:\temp>> latex.exe test.tex
Now I am try to compile the same file from different location with the options
C:\otherpath>> latex.exe --output-directory=C:\temp \input{C:\temp\test.tex}
The backslashes in \input are likely to cause a problem: \temp and \test
will be interpreted as commands. Try using forward slashes instead.

Another issue you may encounter is related to TeX security settings,
which may forbid access to files outside of the current working
directory. TeX Live and MikTeX have different settings, so it will
depend on which TeX distribution you have installed. (By default, TeX
Live allows read access to any files but restricts write access. I don't
know the default MikTeX settings.)

Regards
Nicola Talbot
--