How to get rid of table of contents?
Philipp Klaus Krause
2017-03-14 07:50:57 UTC
The proposal / dfgproposal document classes
(https://github.com/KWARC/LaTeX-proposal) place a toc on the title page.
I need to create a document without toc.

I looked into dfgproposal.cls and proposal.cls, but didn't find anything
that looked like the toc. What can I do to get a document without toc?

Philipp
Ronnie Marksch
Philipp
Dan Luecking
2017-03-15 21:51:27 UTC
On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 19:10:13 +0100, Ronnie Marksch
Post by Ronnie Marksch
\setcounter{tocdepth}{1}\tableofcontents\newpage\setcounter{page}{1}
In the version I find, there is no such line. However,
\tableofcontents (at line 50 in my version) is part of the
definition of the ***@proposal environment, which is called
by the proposal environment.
To reply by email, change LookInSig to luecking
Michael Shell
2017-03-16 17:55:49 UTC
On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 08:50:57 +0100
Post by Philipp Klaus Krause
What can I do to get a document without toc?
As far as a suggestion of a practical course of action goes, one idea
might be to try to totally nuke \tableofcontents:

\def\tableofcontents{\relax}

right after the class is loaded. This should stop the TOC regardless of
who is responsible for calling it. Watch out for blank pages though.
Using a def with a gobble argument

\def\tableofcontents#1{\relax}

might work eat a trailing \newpage without the need to modify the
class, but such an approach is hacky and fragile to say the least.

Cheers,

Mike Shell