reledmac/reldpar and geometry
Jens-Olaf Lindermann
2018-02-10 21:01:36 UTC
In my MWE I have a problem with the full use of the reserved print
space: As one can see there is plenty of white space left after the last
line of text. The publisher whishes the last text line ending 39mm
before the bottom of the page (for the latin-german part).

Beside: In reledmac is there now a possibility for using the widow-,
clubpenalty=10000 option?

sal pl
Jens

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\listfiles
\documentclass[
twoside,
openany,
usegeometry=true,% evtl. sinnvoll
]{scrbook}

\usepackage[
inner=28mm,
outer=57mm,
marginparwidth=47mm,
marginparsep=5mm,
top=34.5mm,
bottom=39mm,
a4paper,
showframe,
]
{geometry}

\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage[series={},nocritical,noend,noeledsec,nofamiliar,noledgroup]{reledmac}
\usepackage{reledpar}
\lineation*{page}
\linenummargin*{inner}
\sidenotemargin{outer}
\usepackage[latin,german]{babel}
\usepackage{marginnote}
\usepackage{blindtext}

\begin{document}\selectlanguage{german}

Word\footnote{\blindtext}\blindtext[4]

\newgeometry{inner=36mm,outer=74mm,marginparwidth=57mm,top=34.5mm,foot=39mm}
\newpage

\begin{pages}

\begin{Leftside}\selectlanguage{latin}
\beginnumbering

\pstart
\blindtext[3]
\pend

\pstart
\blindtext[3] Test\ledsidenote{123|456}
\pend

\pstart
\blindtext[4]
\pend

\endnumbering
\end{Leftside}

\begin{Rightside}\selectlanguage{german}
\beginnumbering
\pstart
\blindtext[3]
\pend

\pstart
\blindtext[3] Test
\pend

\pstart
\blindtext[4]
\pend

\endnumbering
\end{Rightside}
\end{pages}
\Pages

\restoregeometry

\blindtext[4]

PGP-Key available
8923 F718 CFC1 9490 6711 0D3B 17A5 0634 6B71 A0DF
Maïeul
2018-02-11 11:55:57 UTC
Post by Jens-Olaf Lindermann
[...]
\end{document}
For your last problem, you should increase \setgoalfraction, because his
default value made the pagegoal not totally full (read the handbook).

For your second option, the problem of penalties is not clear for me (it
is a part of code I didn't write), but it seems that it happens only on
// typesetting. I have not time yet to look on this probldem (globallay,
I have no time yet for reledmac/reledpar)
--
Maïeul Rouquette
http://geekographie.maieul.net/-LaTeX-
Jens-Olaf Lindermann