sans serif \ell (Calibri font)
e***@gmail.com
2017-05-03 13:50:28 UTC
Dear TeX users,

I am writing using Calibri font (XeLaTeX).

I want to use the \ell symbol, but unfortunately, I get a serif symbol... Is there any way to obtain a sans serif \ell ? It seems not to be in Calibri font...

Thank's a lot in advance

Eddie

To wroke with Calibri, I use

\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage[frenchb]{babel}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{unicode-math}
\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Calibri}
\setmathfont{XITS Math}% for the symbols
\setmathfont[range=\mathup]{Calibri}
\setmathfont[range=\mathit]{Calibri-Italic}
\setmathrm{Calibri}
Peter Flynn
2017-05-03 21:12:36 UTC
Post by e***@gmail.com
Dear TeX users,
I am writing using Calibri font (XeLaTeX).
I want to use the \ell symbol, but unfortunately, I get a serif symbol...
I think that's because \ell may come from the Computer Modern math fonts
by default.
Post by e***@gmail.com
Is there any way to obtain a sans serif \ell ?
Find a font with it, and redefine \ell to use that.
Post by e***@gmail.com
It seems not to be in Calibri font...
Calibri is a text font, not a math font. I wouldn't expect to find \ell
in it.

Have a look at the sansmath or sfmath packages and see what sans-serif
fonts they use for \ell.

///Peter
Ulrike Fischer
2017-05-04 12:43:18 UTC
Am Wed, 3 May 2017 06:50:28 -0700 (PDT) schrieb
Post by e***@gmail.com
Dear TeX users,
I am writing using Calibri font (XeLaTeX).
I want to use the \ell symbol, but unfortunately, I get a serif symbol... Is there any way to obtain a sans serif \ell ? It seems not to be in Calibri font...
Thank's a lot in advance
Eddie
To wroke with Calibri, I use
A complete example would have been more usefull.

You can try this:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[frenchb]{babel}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{unicode-math}
\setmainfont{Calibri}
\setmathfont{XITS Math}% for the symbols
\setmathfont[range=\mathup]{Calibri}
\setmathfont[range="2113]{Calibri} %for the \ell
\setmathfont[range=\mathit]{Calibri-Italic}
\setmathfont[range=\int]{XITS Math} %set a real math font at the end

\begin{document}

\ell $\ell$
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/