cite
Dieter Britz
2017-05-02 12:52:08 UTC
When writing an article for an Elsevier journal, I use their
elsarticle.cls and elsarticle-num.bst. One of these seems to
interfere with the package cite, which I like to use.

How can I use cite with the Elsevier stuff, or is that not
possible? Not using it creates monster citations like
[1,2,3,4,5,6] or the like.
Dieter Britz
Karl Ratzsch
2017-05-02 13:19:08 UTC
Post by Dieter Britz
When writing an article for an Elsevier journal, I use their
elsarticle.cls and elsarticle-num.bst. One of these seems to
interfere with the package cite, which I like to use.
How can I use cite with the Elsevier stuff, or is that not
possible? Not using it creates monster citations like
[1,2,3,4,5,6] or the like.
Elsevier won't like it if you modify their citation scheme with
additional packages.

Use natbib's "compress" option instead.
Donald Arseneau
2017-05-02 23:32:59 UTC
Post by Karl Ratzsch
Post by Dieter Britz
When writing an article for an Elsevier journal, I use their
elsarticle.cls and elsarticle-num.bst. One of these seems to
interfere with the package cite, which I like to use.
How can I use cite with the Elsevier stuff, or is that not
possible? Not using it creates monster citations like
[1,2,3,4,5,6] or the like.
Elsevier won't like it if you modify their citation scheme with
additional packages.
Use natbib's "compress" option instead.
Explicitly, put

\RequirePackage[numbers,sort&compress]{natbib}

before \documentclass. (Elsevir now uses natbib for citations,
but does not pass sensible options to it.)
--
Donald Arseneau ***@triumf.ca