Natbib with numbers option clash with bibunits
Peter Flynn
2016-12-23 22:50:24 UTC
There appears to be a problem using bibunits with natbib and its numbers
option. The following MWE hangs on bu1.bbl ---

================================= test.tex
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{bibunits}
\usepackage[numbers]{natbib}
\begin{document}
\section{foo}
\begin{bibunit}[unsrtnat]
MUST and MUST NOT \citep{rfc2119}.
\putbib[test]
\end{bibunit}
\end{document}
================================= test.bib
@TechReport{rfc2119,
author = {Scott Bradner},
title = {{Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement Levels}},
institution = {Internet Engineering Task Force},
year = 1997,
number = {RFC 2119},
address = {Fremont, CA},
url = {http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt},
month = {March}}
==================================

Does anyone have a workaround for this? I am writing a class for a
collection of articles, where each article may have its own citations
and references. The above MWE works fine if you remove the [numbers]
option, but the editors require numeric square-bracket references.

///Peter
Peter Flynn
2016-12-23 23:12:54 UTC
Post by Peter Flynn
There appears to be a problem using bibunits with natbib and its numbers
option. The following MWE hangs on bu1.bbl ---
Hah. Package bibunits must be used *after* natbib. RTFM, Peter...

///Peter
Athel Cornish-Bowden
athel
Athel Cornish-Bowden
2016-12-24 18:29:28 UTC
Post by Peter Flynn
Post by Peter Flynn
There appears to be a problem using bibunits with natbib and its numbers
option. The following MWE hangs on bu1.bbl ---
Hah. Package bibunits must be used *after* natbib. RTFM, Peter...
///Peter
Hmm. I think I must have pressed "Send"without thinking, and without
anything to contrfibute.
--
athel