XeTeX v.s. ConTeXt
Elof Huang
2017-11-29 03:08:27 UTC
Both of them are able to show different languages, how do I pick one of
them?
Maïeul
2017-11-30 22:46:22 UTC
Post by Elof Huang
Both of them are able to show different languages, how do I pick one of
them?
XeTeX is an engine, ConTeXt is a format, so you can make any parallel
between the two.

XeTeX (engine) can be use with LaTeX (format), while ConTeXT (format)
use LuaTeX (engine). But LaTeX (format) can be used with XeTeX (engine)
that is XeLaTeX, and with LuaTeX (engine), that is LuaLaTeX.

If you used LaTeX in the past, if you need package specific to LaTeX
(reledmac, biblatex, for example), you should use XeLaTeX or LuaLaTeX
with babel or polyglossia package.
But you could also use classical (pdf)latex if you don't need to use non
latin alphabet.

So : that depends of you need.
--
Maïeul Rouquette