OT? TeXnicCenter syntax colouring bug
Peter Percival
2017-04-09 12:26:32 UTC
This question may be off topic because it is about TeXnicCenter, not
about TeX. So my apologies.

TeXnicCenter (v2.02) thinks that text following \verb|+-*/\~^:.?@#$&|
is in math mode because of the $. Happily MiKTeX is not fooled and the
documents compiles (or whatever the right word is) correctly. But can I
make TeXnicCenter get its syntax colouring correct after the $ that is
misleading it?

A similar thing happens with % inside verbatim text. TeXnicCenter
thinks that what follows is a comment. But since that only affects the
rest of the line it's not so off-putting.
to me what you really mean.
j***@gmail.com
2017-04-09 13:25:26 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
This question may be off topic because it is about TeXnicCenter, not
about TeX. So my apologies.
Not off-topic, IMHO.

Please also report this problem via https://sourceforge.net/p/texniccenter/bugs/, to bring it to the attention of the developers.
Jonathan
Karl Ratzsch
2017-04-09 16:53:30 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Post by Peter Percival
This question may be off topic because it is about TeXnicCenter, not
about TeX. So my apologies.
Not off-topic, IMHO.
Please also report this problem via https://sourceforge.net/p/texniccenter/bugs/, to bring it to the attention of the developers.
The development of TXC seems to have stalled. The last notable activity
on the sf home page was back in 2013, and nothing more recently in the
source repository.

Please report the problem nonetheless, but I fear there will be no fix.

Unless finding that people are still using it will inspire a continued
development ... . I'll be glad to see that. :-)

Karl
Holger Schieferdecker
2017-04-10 06:54:56 UTC
Post by Peter Percival
This question may be off topic because it is about TeXnicCenter, not
about TeX. So my apologies.
is in math mode because of the $. Happily MiKTeX is not fooled and the
documents compiles (or whatever the right word is) correctly. But can I
make TeXnicCenter get its syntax colouring correct after the $ that is
misleading it?
I faced the same problem and found a workaround:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/145886

You can place the following after the verbatim text.

\ifx{\verb+$+}!\fi

Holger
Peter Percival