Problem with Gothic Textura font
Peter Wilson
2018-01-23 20:01:18 UTC
A user is having a problem with the tgothic font
(https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/410965) which I created in 2002
but now forgotten how I did it. As far as I could tell the necessary
packages are not on CTAN though they must have been at some time.
Further, according to the CTAN index, there is a package called tgothic
which is said to be part of TeXlive but it has never reached me via
tlmgr update -all.

Is anyone able to look into this?

Peter W.
Peter Flynn
2018-01-23 20:52:34 UTC
Post by Peter Wilson
A user is having a problem with the tgothic font
(https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/410965) which I created in 2002
but now forgotten how I did it. As far as I could tell the necessary
packages are not on CTAN though they must have been at some time.
Further, according to the CTAN index, there is a package called tgothic
which is said to be part of TeXlive but it has never reached me via
tlmgr update -all.
Is anyone able to look into this?
On my machine I have the following. Ignore the Dec 15 date: that's when
I set up this machine. I must have installed a personal copy at some
stage in the past when it wasn't included in texlive-full, and then the
most recent installation did include it.
Post by Peter Wilson
-rw-rw-r-- 1 peter peter 154405 Dec 15 00:56 /home/peter/texmf/tex/latex/bookhands/tgothic.dtx
-rw-rw-r-- 1 peter peter 3317 Dec 15 00:56 /home/peter/texmf/tex/latex/bookhands/tgothic.ins
-rw-rw-r-- 1 peter peter 8340 Dec 15 00:56 /home/peter/texmf/tex/latex/bookhands/tgothic.log
-rw-rw-r-- 1 peter peter 810 Dec 15 00:56 /home/peter/texmf/tex/latex/bookhands/tgothic.sty
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2703 Apr 8 2011 /usr/share/doc/texlive-doc/fonts/bookhands/tgothic/allfont.tex
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2629 Apr 11 2011 /usr/share/doc/texlive-doc/fonts/bookhands/tgothic/README
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 34415 Apr 11 2011 /usr/share/doc/texlive-doc/fonts/bookhands/tgothic/tgothic.dtx.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3317 Apr 11 2011 /usr/share/doc/texlive-doc/fonts/bookhands/tgothic/tgothic.ins
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3784 Apr 11 2011 /usr/share/doc/texlive-doc/fonts/bookhands/tgothic/tryfont.tex
Let me know if you want copies.

2018-01-23 20:55:08 UTC
On 23/01/18 20:01, Peter Wilson wrote:
[...]
Post by Peter Wilson
Is anyone able to look into this?
I should have added, the contents of the bookhands directory also contains
Post by Peter Wilson
-rw-rw-r-- 1 peter peter 2008 Dec 15 00:56 alltgoth.sty
-rw-rw-r-- 1 peter peter 1131 Dec 15 00:56 ot1tgoth.fd
-rw-rw-r-- 1 peter peter 1118 Dec 15 00:56 t1tgoth.fd
Bob Tennent
2018-01-23 22:44:49 UTC
Post by Peter Wilson
A user is having a problem with the tgothic font
(https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/410965) which I created in 2002
but now forgotten how I did it. As far as I could tell the necessary
packages are not on CTAN though they must have been at some time.
Further, according to the CTAN index, there is a package called tgothic
which is said to be part of TeXlive but it has never reached me via
tlmgr update -all.
CTAN has a tgothic package and a bookhands package. The
former claims it is in TeXLive as bookhands and in MiKTeX as
tgothic.

Bob T.
Bob Tennent
2018-01-24 00:03:46 UTC
Post by Bob Tennent
Post by Peter Wilson
A user is having a problem with the tgothic font
(https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/410965) which I created in 2002
but now forgotten how I did it. As far as I could tell the necessary
packages are not on CTAN though they must have been at some time.
Further, according to the CTAN index, there is a package called tgothic
which is said to be part of TeXlive but it has never reached me via
tlmgr update -all.
CTAN has a tgothic package and a bookhands package. The
former claims it is in TeXLive as bookhands and in MiKTeX as
tgothic.
And the reason the tgothic fonts aren't working is because
there's a ptex-fonts package on TeXLive whose tfms interfere
with them.

Bob T.
Bob Tennent
2018-01-24 13:54:31 UTC
Post by Peter Wilson
A user is having a problem with the tgothic font
(https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/410965) which I created in 2002
but now forgotten how I did it. As far as I could tell the necessary
packages are not on CTAN though they must have been at some time.
Further, according to the CTAN index, there is a package called tgothic
which is said to be part of TeXlive but it has never reached me via
tlmgr update -all.
Is anyone able to look into this?
@Peter Wilson: Please check recent posts at
tex-***@tug.org: