Ghostview/TeX
Chris Swoyer
2003-09-15 18:30:53 UTC
In the last few days I haven't been able to load .ps files into Ghostview
(neither by
clicking on them or by using the open option in Ghostview itself). GV
does work when I invoke it from emacs. Any thoughts (including a
more appropriate newsgroup much appreciated; I'm starting here since
a lot of \\LaTeX users use GV and I virtually always use it in
conjunction with \LaTeX. Also, are there appreciably newer versions
(it may be that reinstalling will help).?

===========================
PROBLEMS:

1. THE ERROR MESSAGE I GET IN GHOSTVIEW

Unknown in Prolog section at line 880:
%%

Unknown in Prolog section at line 1296:
%%CreationDate: 1991 Aug 20 17:34:12

Failed to load C:\gs\gs8.00\bin\gsdll32.dll, error 126
The specified module could not be found.

Failed to load C:\Program Files\Ghostgum\gsview\gsdll32.dll, error 126
The specified module could not be found.

Failed to load gsdll32.dll, error 126
The specified module could not be found.

Can't load Ghostscript DLL

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

2. When I boot up I get the message:

An exception error occurred when trying to use:

C:\PROGRA~1\newdot~1\Newdot~1.dll,NewDotNetStartup

3. My whole computer is working more slowly.

(I don't know if these problems are related; problem 2 has occurred
for several weeks.

============================
VERSIONS OF SOFTWARE USED.

1. Ghostview 4.4

2. Ghostscript: 7.03

3. MikTeX (latest, with auctex (auctex is what I use to access
Ghostview from within emacs). MikTeX updated weekly.

4. Emacs 21.1.1

5. Windows XP Pro with latest patches
New.net Customer Support
2003-09-16 06:59:18 UTC
For accurate information and removal instructions, please visit
http://www.newdotnet.com.

New.net User Privacy and Technical Compatibility Practices and
Policies
Report as of June 26, 2003
http://www.new.net/PWC_NewNet_Software_Privacy_Attest_Report.pdf

Customer Support
New.net, Inc.
Donald Arseneau
2003-09-16 15:40:13 UTC
Post by New.net Customer Support
For accurate information and removal instructions, please visit
http://www.newdotnet.com.
So, although newdotnet sounds like an annoying doo-dad or even
spyware, it is unlikely to cause conflicts with invoking ghostscript.

Donald Arseneau ***@triumf.ca