multiple biblatex files
Emanuel Berg
2017-12-30 00:34:00 UTC
How can I have one document with several
biblatex bibliographies, i.e. after chapter one
<insert chapter-one.bib here>, after chapter
two, and so on?

Now it says:

ERROR - Cannot find control file
'everest.bcf'! - did you pass the
"backend=biber" option to BibLaTeX?

But actually this is due to the selfsame
confusion, that file exists (or sort of) under
the name borta.bcf .
--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Ulrike Fischer
2017-12-30 11:26:58 UTC
Post by Emanuel Berg
How can I have one document with several
biblatex bibliographies, i.e. after chapter one
<insert chapter-one.bib here>, after chapter
two, and so on?
By using refsection, see the documentation
Post by Emanuel Berg
ERROR - Cannot find control file
'everest.bcf'! - did you pass the
"backend=biber" option to BibLaTeX?
Well you are doing something wrong, but as you don't show your code
I can't tell you what.
--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/
Emanuel Berg
2017-12-30 12:01:30 UTC
Post by Emanuel Berg
ERROR - Cannot find control file
'everest.bcf'! - did you pass the
"backend=biber" option to BibLaTeX?
Well you are doing something wrong, but as you
don't show your code I can't tell you what.
Well, obviously...

Anyway I got help on #latex on irc.freenode.net
so the solution was to use the "keywords" field
in the Biblatex file, e.g.

@book{k2-savage-mountain,
author = {Robert Bates and Charles Houston},
ISBN = 1585740136,
keywords = {K2},
publisher = {Lyons},
title = {K2, The Savage Mountain},
year = {2000 (1954)}
}

then in the TeX file

\printbibliography[heading=none,keyword={k2}]

and so on for different keywords.
--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Ulrike Fischer
2017-12-30 13:46:30 UTC
Post by Emanuel Berg
Post by Emanuel Berg
How can I have one document with several
biblatex bibliographies, i.e. after chapter
one <insert chapter-one.bib here>, after
chapter two, and so on?
Anyway I got help on #latex on irc.freenode.net
so the solution was to use the "keywords" field
in the Biblatex file, e.g.
I wouldn't use keywords for a by-chapter bibliographie. That's
rather error prone. If you move some text to another chapter you
would have to check and correct all the keywords.

refsection (or refsegment depending on your actual needs) do this
automatically.
Emanuel Berg
2017-12-30 15:08:27 UTC
Post by Ulrike Fischer
Post by Emanuel Berg
Anyway I got help on #latex on
irc.freenode.net so the solution was to use
the "keywords" field in the Biblatex file,
e.g.
I wouldn't use keywords for a by-chapter
bibliographie. That's rather error prone.
If you move some text to another chapter you
would have to check and correct all
the keywords.
I'm aware that the keywords need to be correct
for the method to work :)